Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sunnyvale Farmer's Market

Okay, so I thought I would blog about the Sunnyvale Farmer's Market I went to back in March with my family. The thing I liked about this farmer's market was the fact that there were vendors and produce sellers. There were people selling their art, packaged food, food to eat right then and there, and fresh fruits and vegetables. The first place my sister stopped by was "La Marea of the Sea." It was a stand where this man was selling seafood. He was shucking oysters, 3 for $5.

Can you see the happiness on her face? She is BEAMING!

Mi madre le gusta mucho

My other sister and I decided that we wanted to try the shrimp ceviche, about $6. It was not so good, and this is why. It was a salty tostada topped with imitation crab meat, salsa, and 5 large shrimp. That is not ceviche. Not even lemon could fix it. I was so sad, I did not take a picture of it.

The next stop was a vendor selling Sukhi's Authentic Indian Cuisine products. My sister loves Indian food, so she was there for a while trying to figure out what to buy. She ended up getting cilantro chutney, spinach paratha, and 2 instant seasoning sauce packets. Total: $19.

Cilantro Chutney

Paratha - like an Indian green onion pancake.

Well, there were a lot of things, but I didn't take pictures of everything...only things I found interesting and amusing like:

SO RED!

This onion is the size of a baby's HEAD...

Pretty flowers

The Coke Farm...*sings Franz Ferdinand - Ulysses*
"COME ON LET'S GET HIGHHHH"

And what did I like most about this farmers market other than the free samples?

They call it cinnamon bread, I call it dessert. It was like a strudel cake XD

Fresh corn and all the condiments you could want.

JACK FRUIT! My family devoured everything before I remembered to take a picture of it. That was all that was left when I remembered


1 comment: