Wednesday, April 15, 2009

MorningStar Sausage Links

OKAY! So today I decided to write an entry on one of the most disgusting things I have tried (and mind you, I usually can get anything down even if it is bad).

AND THE WINNER IS...*drum roll*

MorningStar Sausage Links! *applause*

Alright, so honestly, I thought they sounded and looked pretty tasty. I mean, look at that picture... and veggie sausages...I had to give it a try. So, my friends and I got the box, which we then forgot about. My friend tried it first and said that the sausages were bad. I should have taken her word for it, but again I say, I usually can get the food down even if it is bad. I had to taste it for myself.

So we looked at the cooking directions and followed the steps to microwave it. The result:

Looks kinda dry and DEFINITELY not as greasy looking as one pictured on the box.

Now, for the moment of truth...

I took the first bite, and from a texture stand point, it was a little mushy AND spongy at the same time; definitely not the texture of a real breakfast sausage link. The outside skin was cracking like the desert clay. The taste can only be described as the smell of dried dog food. It tasted the way that dog food smells. I tried for a second bite, but that did not work out so well. It was just too gross for me to get down...and I eat durian AND fermented fried/steamed tofu. That's gotta tell you something...

I know that there is someone out there that will totally disagree with this post and think that this sausage link is the best thing in the world, and that is fine. He or she is entitled to think that. But I will ask them this...HAVE YOU EVER EATEN JIMMY DEAN SAUSAGES?! That stuff is deliciously oily and tasty, like how a real breakfast sausage should be. This on the other hand...


dog food? OH WAIT! It is the MorningStar Sausage Link!

Is that the desert I see? OH WAIT! It is the SKIN of the sausage! HAHA

THESE ARE DELICIOUS!!

Fried Stinky Tofu
Fresh durian (or anything durian flavored)

MorningStar, your sausage links are pretty FAIL.

2 comments:

  1. Haha. I have to say, they tasted pretty bad to me, which is really surprising because I can eat a lot of things even if it doesn't taste good.

    Yeah a lot of people don't like durian, but I think it is good. Sweet and kind of mushy. I think it is the kind of fruit that you really love or really hate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i grew up in a religious town that didn't sell meat or alcohol at the local market. I grew up on them and canned veggie big franks. I love these things and i bought 3 packs yesterday at trader Joes. i like to cook them 30 seconds more than recommended so they are extra chewy. keep in mind they are not a sausage substitute they are seasoned tofu veggie toobs. Yum!

    ReplyDelete