Thursday, April 16, 2009

Indomie and Soapy Tupperware Sadness

Yeah so, this is a bit off the topic (but not really), but I thought I would take just a few moments to express my sadness over my breakfast I packed this morning into a gladware container.

So I was very excited to make Indomie Mi goreng today for breakfast because I was really craving it even though I had it last Friday night for dinner.



If you have not had Indomie, you should try it. My friend made some last year on our snowboarding trip and I have to say, I was instantly hooked on these instant noodles. I have tried 2 types, and I have to say, I prefer the one with the 4 packets of seasoning as opposed to the one with more.

Taste: The sauce is really want makes this so delicious. There is the spicy chili powder that gives it a tad bit of spice. There is the thicker soy sauce mix that adds a bit of sweetness and saltiness. There is the white powder that adds that more ramen noodle mix flavor. And lastly, there is the onion oil packet, which sometimes scares me because of the fact that the oil does get solid, so if that is animal oil or not, I am not sure (I have never really read the package).



Usually, I would enjoy these noodles to the fullest, but sadly, I could not. One reason being that I squirted the oil onto my jeans (don't ask me how I did it, but I did) and the MAIN reason was that my gladware tasted like there was soap on it. That taste INFUSED my noodles in a gross soapy mixture (and mind you, this is AFTER rinsing it out again to make sure that there was nothing on it or if it was soapy). I reluctantly got it all down, but needless to say, I feel sad and I am hoping that I will not get sick.

And the saddest part of this story is that I can get down soapy tasting noodles but not MorningStar Sausage Links. That is even MORE fail, MorningStar.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I am planning on purchasing some of these noodles if I can find them.

    Shame about your soapy bowl. I have experiences the same thing with spaghetti noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool. I have found them in a lot of the asian markets and they are relatively cheap (always a big plus for me) :)

    ReplyDelete