Friday, March 19, 2010

Denver Eats - Spicy Pickle

Day 2 of my Denver trip and we had lunch at:
Spicy Pickle
988 Lincoln St.
Denver, CO 80203-2712
ph: 303.860.0730
fax: 303.860.0704
Mon-Thu: 10:30am-7pm
Fri: 10:30am-6pm
Sat-Sun: 11am-6pm

The place was small, but nice. They had one table in the shape of a pickle, which I found amusing, but I think the people in there did not like us taking pictures in their store, so I just got these 2.

Meats and Cheeses

Asians looking at some bottled juices

So, on to the food!

My Receipt

I got the Double Dilly-yo, a half sandwich and soup or salad combo. I decided on the 1/2 Bastille and a small Chili Bisque. What's in the Bastille? "Portobello mushrooms, roasted red peppers, smoked mozzarella, red onions, tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts and sun dried tomato mayo." Sounds delicious, right? Well, I thought it did. I have to say a lot of the sandwiches sounded really tasty, but after eating that burger the night before, I figured a veggie sandwich might balance everything out. At least I told myself that to make myself feel a little better.

It came packaged like this. I was surprised when I opened it because there was...

The unveiling of my lunch

A PICKLE! Oh, I was not expecting it at all. I have to say though, it made everything a bit messier than I would have liked, but that pickle had a kick to it! It was actually a spicy pickle! I know that is the name of the restaurant and I should have known, but it still surprised me.

The Bastille

And here is my grilled Bastille Panini. The grill marks were so pretty and it made it nice and crispy. I was a little worried about the sprouts because I have had some bitter ones before, but it really worked with the sandwich and the sun dried tomato mayonnaise really complimented the rest of the sandwich.

Here's is what it looks like on the inside...
I thought this sandwich was delicious. I was sad that I did not buy a whole panini.

And now on to the soup!

corn & green chili bisque
"Southwest spices team up with plump corn kernels, jalapeños, mild green chilies and tomatillos in a golden vegetarian velouté scented with garlic and cilantro"

The Soup was somewhat harty with the bits of corn, but I think it was a little thinner than how a bisque should be. It was almost like a chili consistancy with less chunks. Taste wise, it reminded me of chicken tortilla soup without the tortilla chips. I did enjoy the soup, but the name didn't quite seem to match what I was eating.

And here is my friend's Italian Panini:

Italian Panini
"Mortadella, hard salami, capocolla, red onions, lettuce, tomatoes, provolone and basil mayo"

Overall, I really liked this sandwich shop and I wish there was one closer to me in California. San Diego and Temecula are too far, but if I were in San Diego, I think I would make a special trip out just to get a panini.

Check out the menu

No comments:

Post a Comment