Sunday, March 21, 2010

Denver Eats - Good Times Burgers

So, before dinner (day 2), we decided to grab a little snack of frozen custard and sliders at:

Good Times
951 16th St., Suite 104
Denver, CO 80238
(303) 825-2160

We passed this place the first night we were in Denver, but they were closing shop. Everyone wanted to try the frozen custard. What is frozen custard? To me, frozen custard is like ice cream, but it is more airy, kind of like soft serve. It is made out of cream, sugar, and egg yolks. If you want to read about the process, click here.

So, on to the food. We ordered a pack of 5 sliders/mini burgers, fries, and frozen custard.

Our tray of food and a cone

I will start on the frozen custard first. My friend ordered vanilla in a cup, my other friend got mint and chip in a cone, and I got mint and chip in a cup.

Vanilla

Mint and Chip

Texture: Creamy like ice cream, but airy and soft like soft serve. I liked that it was not so difficult to scoop like some ice creams (Dreyers). I really enjoyed the creaminess and it seemed to really coat your mouth when you ate it (maybe because of the egg yolks).

Taste: The vanilla flavor was good; better than a lot of the other vanilla flavored ice creams I have eaten recently. The mint and chip was good, but I do have one complaint about it. I did not like how large the chocolate chunks were and how they were not really incorporated into the frozen custard. The chocolate pieces just seemed like an after thought or a topping rather than really eating them as a whole.

Sadly, I only ate a few bites and I was done, due to the fact that I cannot eat that much ice cream in general (sad). I really did like the minty custard though and it could stand alone as its own flavor, but I think other people associate it is with the chocolate and maybe it sells better that way.

And now the mini burgers and fries!

mini burger/sliders - Pack of 5
Split amongst 4 people

Can you see how mini this burger is? Bite size
Greasy, delicious, and mini. Great little snackers. I could have done with some veggies in it though, but that is just me.

Fries
Crispy and oily, like how fries should be. I don't remember eating many of these actually but I remember burning my mouth because they were just that fresh

Double the flavor, double the fun with choco-mint burger

Overall, I liked Good Times and I wish that there were a few spread around California. Guess I will just have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment