Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tortillas Plus Recipe

So, in celebration of Cinco de Mayo, I made homemade flour tortillas for work. 72 in total, but still not enough to feed everyone. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1.5 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vegetable oil
3/4 cup warm water

Directions:

(1) Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix water and oil in another bowl.
(2) Slowly add water to flour mixture and stir well; dough will be sticky.
(3) Knead dough into a ball. Adding flour to your hands helps reduce the amount of dough that gets stuck to your hands.

Ball of sticky dough

(4) Break the dough into 12 even pieces.

I had already rolled out 4

(5) Flour your board and rolling pin and roll out until thin (or of you have a tortilla press, press until flat). You might need to constantly flour everything, which was the case for me.
(6) Pan fry with a little oil until both sides are done.

TADA!

(7) Serve hot or use it to make quesadillas or tacos.

Hope you like this recipe. I found it online. I liked it because it was simple and I had everything in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment