Friday, May 15, 2009

Beth's Cafe - Seattle, WA

So, it has been a while since I have blogged, so why not start again with a pig out spot? My friends and I stopped in Seattle on our way back from our road trip and I really wanted to try Beth's Cafe, home of the 12 egg omelet. I saw it on the Travel Channel's Pig Out Paradise and on Man vs. Food, so I was curious if I, too, could finish this massive platter.

The parking lot area, walking to the front door and I have to say that alley was really scary at night...

So, we walk in and the place is pretty tight and small. Lights were dim. Pictures all over the walls. The scent of oil filled the room. It reminded me of the dorm cafeterias in college where you sit there and eat and leaving reeking of the food you ate (not like the deliciousness of Korean BBQ smell). I thought that the waitress was kinda gruffy and not so nice because we thought she told us to follow her, but I guess she did not and she was like...annoyed I guess.

Anyway, when we got seated and got our paper and crayons, we decided to share the 12 egg omelet because both my friends said I would not be able to finish it. Those were fighting words, so I was determined to eat as much as possible even if it made me sick. We waited and doodled and waited some more and then finally, the woman came to take our order: vegetarian 12 egg omelet and a plate of french toast.

It is like a folded yellow blanket on a platter. Look how tiny the toast looks!

Me and the 12 egg omelet.


French Toast

Upon taking the first bite of the omelet, I started doubting if I could even eat half of the order. As I continued eating, I knew I could not eat as much I was thinking because it all tasted like butter. It was really greasy and heavy and my stomach was going to have a party in the potty if I seriously forced that thing down. Not that it tasted bad...it was just a bit much, though the best part of the omelet were the uber crispy hashbrowns. SO GOOD! The french toast was ok. I thought it was a little soft for my liking and really oily.


So, in the end, I was only able to eat less than 1/2 of that 12 egg omelet and my other friend ate about 1/4, which was probably more eggs than she could handle.

And then, I started picking at what was left, trying to get all the hashbowns and leaving the rest on the pizza platter XD ahaha. Should have packed it back, but I was not going to eat that again so I opted to waste it since we were going on the road again.

If you are ever in Seattle and have cravings for omelets late at night, then this is the place to go. If you are just visiting the area, I think Beth's Cafe is cool to stop by once just to try it out and take in the atmosphere. I did like the paper and crayon supplies they give you and how they hang up the pictures. Overall, the experience was pretty neat and unique.

7311 Aurora Ave. N.
Seattle, WA
(206) 782 - 5588

No comments:

Post a Comment