Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hungry Howie's Pizza, Covina

Okay, so I am back from my hiatus more or less and I will start off with this amazing place.

Hungry Howie's Pizza

958 E. Badillo
Covina, CA 91724
(626) 966-3333

Surprised? I know I was. As I have said before, I am not a fan of pizza at all, but I have to say that this pizza was pretty amazing. Why? The bread. This pizza crust was really really amazingly fresh and crispy on the outside, but soft and chewy on the inside. I have to say the cheese was really good and stringy too because they use 100% mozzarella cheese.

Here what the inside looks like. About 3 2 seater tables and 2 4 seater tables. (not and incredibly large place, but there were many workers delivering pizzas)

The reasons my friends and I tried this place other than the fact that one LOVES pizza...

...why of course it was the COUPONS! AHAH though seeing that mascot made me NOT want to try Hungry Howie's. We got 2 medium pizzas and free bread sticks.


Pineapple and mushroom pizza with a garlic herb flavored bread crust.
I do not like hot pineapples on anything, especially pizza, but I overlooked it because I loved this bread. The bread was awesome and the garlic herb bread crust was pretty amazing too.


Me eating my stringy delicious slice of pizza.


Sausage and mushroom with a Cajun bread crust.
I liked the toppings and the bread and the cheese, but I cannot say that I loved the Cajun seasoning on the crust. It did not seem to go that well together. If it were the garlic herb it would have been awesome though.

Free garlic butter bread sticks. Yum. Too bad the Parmesan cheese makes it smell so bad.

So how good was this place? Well, for someone that does not really like pizza to eat 4 slices, I have to say it was pretty good. But then again, I really like fresh bread and that was the most enjoyable part of the pizza XD This was really the only pizza I have ever really enjoyed that much.

Check out their menu and for a location near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment